WebSpy Vantage Giga empowers IT to prudently manage network resources, plan capacity, enforce usage policies and validate service levels. For the business, Vantage Giga provides valuable employee productivity and compliance reports.
Vantage Giga’s key attribute lies in its ability to import and translate different types of log files, providing powerful, yet easy to use, drill down analysis capabilities with a comprehensive choice of meaningful reports.
Simple installation and set up
- Typically installs to your desktop (server if required) and simply imports log files from any network device. Average set up takes less than 15 minutes.
- Imports many types of log files
Import and analyse an unlimited of log files from numerous network devices, including proxy servers, firewalls, routers and qos appliances. Vantage Giga also imports text based log files, compressed files such as zip and gzip, and data stored in sql databases.
Logical analysis for your log file data
Vendor log files contains numerous ‘types’ of information that need to be analyzed differently something traditional data analysis tools have struggled to deliver. Vantage Giga uses a webSpy developed “schema” system to analyze different types of log files sensibly and logically.
Unrivalled data drilldown interrogation
Interactively drilldown from one summary to another. For example, drilldown from websites through to users, source addresses through to specific ports, or email subjects through to senders to recipients.
Tailored reporting to suit individual needs
Choose from numerous template reports or simply create your own. Generate quick comparison reports, detailed network data analysis reports, or view traffic patterns over time with trend reports. All reports are available in html, word or text formats.
Represent data meaningfully using aliases
Represent email addresses and computer names with a ‘Username’ alias, add users to a ‘Department’ alias, or group IP addresses using subnet expressions such as 192.168.0.0/24. Vantage Giga provides a choice of multiple, customizable aliases.
Simple user and department name identification
You can import user and department information from any LDAP compatible directory service, such as Microsoft Active Directory.
Identify business or recreational use?
Vantage Giga provides website and URL categorisation technology to identify unacceptable and acceptable Internet use. This customizable, keyword based approach allows organizations to decide what is unacceptable, according to values specified in the prevailing Internet Usage Policy.
Set and forget tasking
- Importing of log files, generating reports and many other common tasks can be set to run overnight or at a time to suit your busy day.
- Optimize analysis performance for your organization
- Every organization’s analysis requirements are different. That’s why Vantage Giga puts you in control of how you import and analyse your data to maximise performance. Choose from features such as Storage Partitioning, Advanced Filtering, Analysis on Import (pre-calculated analysis), and Fields/Summary Exclusions to increase performance.