A powerful must-have toolset for the rescue & repair of infected machines that provides all essential utilities for system administrators and individual IT professionals.
- Anti-Virus: protection against viruses, worms and trojans
- Anti-Spyware: protection against spyware, adware and identity-theft
- Administration toolset: designed to assist in the system recovery process
The AVG Rescue CD is basically a portable variant of AVG Anti-Virus based on the Windows PE platform. It is distributed as a bootable CD intended for operating system recovery in such an event where the system cannot be loaded in the regular way – for example due to substantial virus infection, enabling you to fully scan and heal infections on your inoperable computer. There are multiple update options - local AVG installation, hard drive, directly through Internet-enabled LAN, or an external source (flash drive etc.)
Comprehensive administration toolset
- AVG Command Line utility providing full command line access.
- AVG Registry Editor tool for system registry processing.
- AVG IP Config tool for managing network settings.
- AVG Ping utility for testing the availability of network resources (servers, domains, IP addresses).
- AVG Scan Disk tool for analyzing and testing hard disk integrity with optional automatic error correction.
- AVG Notepad utility for saving notes, editing system files etc.
- Map network drive utility to quickly and easily map a network drive.
The best Windows protection trusted by millions of users. AVG's award-winning antivirus technology protects millions of users and is certified by major antivirus testing organizations (VB100%, ICSA, West Coast Labs Checkmark).