The FortiManager family of appliances supply the tools needed to effectively manage any size Fortinet security infrastructure, from a few devices to thousands of appliances and end-point security agents. The appliances provide centralized policy-based provisioning, configuration, and update management for FortiGate, FortiWiFi, and FortiMail appliances, as well as FortiClient end point security agents. They also offer end-to-end network monitoring for added control. FortiManager delivers a lower TCO for Fortinet implementations by minimizing both initial deployment costs and ongoing operating expenses. Managers can control administrative access and simplify policy deployment using role-based administration to define user privileges for specific management domains and functions by aggregating collections of Fortinet appliances and agents into independent management domains. By locally hosting security content updates for managed devices and agents, FortiManager appliances minimize Web filtering rating request response time and maximize network protection.
* Support for up to 4,000 appliances or virtual domains (VDOMs) and 100,000 FortiClient agents from a single appliance for efficient command and control of the largest deployments.
* Minimizes initial deployment and ongoing operating expenses of Fortinet security infrastructures.
* Faster provisioning of new devices and agents and management of security policies across groups of assets reduces management burden and operational costs.
* Detailed revision tracking increases visibility and auditing capabilities.
* Easily manage complex mesh and star VPN environments.
* Role as local distribution point for managed assets improves control over security and software updates.
* Seamless integration with FortiAnalyzer appliances delivers in-depth discovery, analysis, prioritization and reporting of network security events.