NetSpective Webfilter is an accurate, easy-to-use, and reliable Internet content filtering solution, designed to maximize the availability and performance of critical network resources.
It scans every piece of traffic coming in and out of the network and filters harmful or undesirable content to help protect the network from intrusions. NetSpective also ensures compliance with company filtering mandates and communications tracking requirements.
NetSpective's Key Features
- SideScan™ Filtering Technology ensures Netspective's Webfilter is not a point of network failure
- Monitor or block HTTP, HTTPS, NNTP, FTP, chat, Peer-To-Peer (P2P), Skype and streaming media protocols
- Signature-based blocking subscription with live updates
- Customized modes of operation by network IP address range(s) by time of day enabling bypass, monitor/report, or block/report traffic management
- Centralized policy management for distributed network environments
- Custom policies for special user group designations, supports 512 groups
- Support for usernames in DHCP environments via NetSpective Logon Agent
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory via LDAP
- Flexible policy exemption by IP address, username or URL using wildcard overrides
- Google and Yahoo SafeSearch enforcement
- Over 60 categories provided
- User-defined categories
- Application and protocol level control of Peer-to-Peer traffic
- Comprehensive web-based reporting tool, Verso NetAuditor 2.1
- NetAuditor documents all monitored and blocked activity
- Automated signature updates and product enhancements
- Automatic synchronization of URL overrides to Verso's On-Line Service
- The NetSpective Internet Content Filter Solutions.
- NetSpective WebFilter - Controls which URL categories are accessed by employees
- NetSpective P2PFilter - Restricts access to P2P, IM and streaming media applications
- Verso NetAuditor - Reports on Internet activity from multiple data sources.
Continual updates to Web Filtering database
For ongoing URL updates, NetSpective relies on it's Adaptive Filtering; a patent-pending technology that provides comprehensive and accurate content review for all sites surfed by your organization. Conventional URL filters are built around keyword or list-based filtering technologies that can cause irritating over-blocks or completely ignore large numbers of problem web sites. In contrast, Adaptive Filtering categorization is driven by actual web usage at NetSpective customer locations. When a user surfs to a site, the URL is immediately compared against NetSpective WebFilter's embedded URL database. Unknown URLs are forwarded to the NetSpective Adaptive Filtering Lab, where they receive both automated and human review. Newly categorized sites are then redistributed to the entire NetSpective user community. This "closed-loop" approach maximizes your filtering accuracy, ensuring that even the most obscure sites receive full content review.